All the News That's Fit to be Tied

I have an axe to grind, but unlike the New York Times, I freely admit it.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Yes, I want to pay taxes

There are stories circulating this week that many immigrants, especially illegal ones, are lining up to pay taxes for the first time. Supporters of illegal immigrants say it because they love America and want to be citizens, and that the Congress is supportive of immigration reform. However, citizens like Glen Colby know the real reason. The Presidents stimulus package will pay from $600 to $1200 for single filers and couples, and up to $2000 for families for people who file 2007 federal tax returns. And these supposedly low-wage folks will all qaulify for the highest possible amount, and get a huge windfall on the backs of legitimate American taxpayers, many of whom will not qualify. Hello America, I'm illegal and I want to pick your pocket again. Wake up America, or your nation will be gone.