All the News That's Fit to be Tied

I have an axe to grind, but unlike the New York Times, I freely admit it.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

What is all this Cheering?

Every time President Obama opens his mouth there is a screaming bunch of teenage-sounding teenyboppers cheering at every sentence. I'm no expert but this seems a little overdone to me, unless of course there is a Guinness Book of World Records contest for the most cheers after sentences in any given speech. There are those, myself included, who are starting to think these constantly cheering sections that seem to accompany the President everywhere he goes are just part of a covert attempt to make the press, who already loves him, record and report on the cheering throngs as if he is adored by everyone. Since we know of so many who don't like him, don't agree with his policies, think he is a bit naive and resent his attempts to transform the U.S. into his own image, I can't help but thinking these cheering crowds are bought and paid for. It may well be that people less than enamored with the President are not allowed to be anyplace he is. That may explain the constant hoorah, although I agree with those who believe it's fixed.