All the News That's Fit to be Tied

I have an axe to grind, but unlike the New York Times, I freely admit it.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Russert Followup

Many readers were not thrilled when I inadvertently teed-off on Tim Russert, when what I really wanted to do was tee-off on that Sunday morning over-the-top eulogy on NBC. I and millions of others who like to be informed watch Meet the Press nearly every week and that is a bigger compliment to him than any of the flattery-laden platitudes put forth by the panel like he could have been the Pope or the President. It’s easy to see why they admired Russert so much. He was more successful and respected than any of them and if they could say Russert was as important to them as the Pope or the President is to others, then someday, when their times comes someone will say that about them. Wishful thinking on their parts, and they know who they are. Anyway it was the fairness comments they kept making that got on my nerves. I’ll leave it at that.