All the News That's Fit to be Tied

I have an axe to grind, but unlike the New York Times, I freely admit it.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rangel Should be Expelled

When I heard Charlie Rangel's response to his conviction I almost lost it. When I heard he may only get a reprimand and not be expelled I did lose it. You have got to be kidding? He misused multiple rent-stabilized apartments while people without homes paid full price. He neglected to report outside income and income on his villa in the Dominican Republic. He was convicted of eleven counts of breaking ethics rules. He walked out of his own hearing and then blamed the ethics committee of not letting him defend himself. Ethics Committee members should find a way to put off Rangel's punishment until the new Congress convenes in January so he can be expelled and disgraced in the manner in which he deserves. Rangel's abuse of the public trust is disgusting and unforgivable. He deserves to be drummed out of the Congress for his transgressions. Charlie Rangel has committed the greatest crime of all. He took the trust of his constituents and all the American people and treated it badly.